The system upgrade completed successfully. Additional information is available by clicking through to the full post.
Updates (oldest first)
- 2018-08-25T10:00:00-04:00: Maintenance window begins.
- 2018-08-25T10:00:18-04:00: Instance has gone down for maintenance.
- 2018-08-25T10:34:40-04:00: System has restarted, maintenance window continues.
- 2018-08-25T10:48:10-04:00: Testing of the upgraded instance.
- 2018-08-25T11:03:00-04:00: Image uploads are broken, but otherwise the migration appears to be successful.
- 2018-08-25T11:36:53-04:00: Image upload problem identified and work is in progress to resolve the issue.
- 2018-08-25T12:47:52-04:00: The instance is being restarted with the (hopefully now-fixed) Docker images.
- 2018-08-25T12:50:03-04:00: A problem occurred during the reboot and a rollback is now in progress.
- 2018-08-25T12:53:18-04:00: The rollback is complete, and the system is restarting.
- 2018-08-25T12:55:27-04:00: The restart has completed.
- 2018-08-25T12:57:08-04:00: Mirrored from @announcements: “Continuing to investigate image upload issues. We know the cause, just getting the right fix. Going to test on staging first, which will prolongate the fix, but make sure we’re safe. Thanks everyone.”
- 2018-08-25T13:35:02-04:00: Mirrored from @announcements: “Docker images are built on production, but I’m going to walk home now before spinning them up. Will let you know.”
- 2018-08-25T14:17:11-04:00: Rollout will begin in five minutes.
- 2018-08-25T14:22:14-04:00: Rollout is occurring now.
- 2018-08-25T14:24:16-04:00: Deployment is complete, and image uploads are working now. The upgrade is tentatively complete.
- 2018-08-25T14:39:22-04:00: Images that were received during the period of malfunction (between 10:34:10-04:00 and 14:24:16-04:00) will still have broken thumbnails, even if boosted.
- 2018-08-25T16:31:27-04:00: The system upgrade was completed succesfully, and mastodon.technology came out of maintenance mode as of 15:03:00-04:00.